Legal Videography

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
mandmvideo
Casablanca Unit: Prestige 7.0

Legal Videography

Post by mandmvideo »

Legal Video
I'm considering expanding my wedding event business into the legal field. Wondering anybody else experience and anyone familiar with course on video depostions offered by the court reporter assoc. (CLVS) or from american guild of court videographers.
Any info would be helpful.
roger915
Casablanca Unit: 4000 Pro
Solitaire Plus
Kron Plus
Avio

Re: Legal Videography

Post by roger915 »

Member for 1 year now.
It is great money.
If you chose to call me My number is 432-570-6466
Roger
4000 Pro OS 2.4C
Sony HVR-HD 1000u
Solitaire Plus-8.0 four 300gb Drives
CB Paint 2
All Software
Kron Pus-8.0-Two 300gb Drives
All Software
Avio-Most Software
3 Cassie Classics
4 JVC GY-DV5000 Cameras
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Post by Beachy »

Is there a Uk equivalent does anyone know?? john
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
timthrift
Casablanca Unit: solitaire,liberty plus

Post by timthrift »

I have done a few and it is real good money. However it is very boring work and I hated it. On the few I did it makes you understand how our judical system has lost all common sense, I wanted to stand and say why are we wasting money on this case that could be solved with a little common sense. Like the lady or man that sued because she held the HOT coffee between her legs while driving and it spilled so that was the fast food joints fault. Just my thought, if you like that kind of work go for it, it's pretty easy work.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

I have considered the same course. Most of my work is in the legal field with District Attorneys, sheriffs, and the UGA School of Law. After discussing the matter with a number of top lawyers and judges, I got the feeling that certification was just a money maker for those offering such certifications and did not pursue the issue any further. My experience doing depositions was not the greatest. After stacking up a few jobs from an old time experienced layer, I received a letter from the lawyer's lawyer notifying me of his impending bankruptcy filing and never received a penny. Sort of soured me on depositions. However, if you discuss it with someone who is a certified court videographer, you will receive all sorts of comments about how you are in grave financial and legal danger if you are not a certified videographer. Just my deflated $.02. YMMV. :o :o