6000 audio

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

6000 audio

Post by methuenbill »

What should the audio setting be on the 6000? I just loaded some SD video and the audio is super load almost to distortion. Should I lower the input level and reload?
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: 6000 audio

Post by LouBruno »

Check the volume level in the System Menu. See if that is overmodulating.
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

I have it set to 0. I have never touched it on any of the older machines.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Bill,

Please clarify the symptom or the audio issue - when you say it is almost over-modulated, do you mean it sounds over-modulated? The way I recommend folks to check is to open up a potentially offensive scene with the distorted audio and look at it using the Waveform the Trim menu -- if it is technically over-modulated you should see the audio peaks at the top of the Waveform. In fact many or most of them would actually be flat-lined across the top. That would be significant distortion. That would mean the audio was recorded in your editor too loudly.

If the waveform looks ok (below the top of the window) but still sounds distorted it could mean one of 2 things...either the audio was distorted in the initial recording and then brought into your editor at appropriate volume (would still sound distorted) or your monitor/speaker system is distorting good audio.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

Back to work. I have found that if I load DH into the 6000 the audio is fine. If I load SD via firewire I have to turn the audio down to -10.