who is using a Zoom H2?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

who is using a Zoom H2?

Post by videojim »

Who is using a Zoom H2 for audio, and what is the frame rate? I'm thinking its probably 30fps, but not sure.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: who is using a Zoom H2?

Post by MichaelD »

According to Amazon.com;
Records in WAV 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit, MP3 to 320kbps and Variable Bit Rate (VBR) data formats
I don't think that fps comes into it as it's an audio recorder.

With past experience on other stand alone (USB) recorders I'd definitely advise that you try before you buy if thinking of using it with a Bogart system.
videojim

Post by videojim »

Just talked to the Samson tech support engineer, who advised to record at 48 or 96 khz, preferably 48, to come closest to the fps rate. This will get interesting.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Using a high bit rate may help the recordings to stay more in sync, but realize that this is a universal problem when using an MP3 recorder. That's why Singular Software came out with the program on the PC called PluralEyes.

http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html

I haven't tried it but I heard that Sony Vegas (the platinum edition for consumers) has a tool that allows you to sync an MP3 recording with video. The easiest (and cheapest) way to sync it up is to play the audio out of the H2's headphone jack and into your editor
Craig Newman
videojim

Post by videojim »

The H2 allows both wav and mp3 recordings. I was recording as a wav, but will have to do it again at the higher bitrate. Am considering putting something like either Premier or Sony Vegas in my design computer, so I can use Plural Eyes. Have heard good things about it, but it won't work in the S6K.
Skype ID-talkingrock756