s4000 pro

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
suttco
Casablanca Unit: casablanca S-5000 Pro

s4000 pro

Post by suttco »

Just installed Borgart 4.5c. now when I try to download video from any source (sd card, composite, flash drive) the unit shuts down when the download is about 93% complete and none of the video is saved. I've made sure the auto off is deactivated but it still shuts down. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: s4000 pro

Post by BobFoster »

Go back to 4.1g??? :shock:
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: s4000 pro

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Are you attempting to import from your devices (the Flash and Cards) via the USB icon in the Record Menu?
I assume you have matched your Project Settings options (resolution, etc) with the footage?

I have heard at least one report that suggested the burn speed of the software ISO file is recommended to be 2X - rather than one of the many higher speeds available on most computers. This is only pertinent if you downloaded your own OS software file and burned it on your computer. If that's the case I would try taking that download file (Bogart V4.5 ISO file) and ensure you are burning it to disc at a speed no higher than 2X.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com