Remind me..............

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
MartinWilson
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire / Prestige / Avio DV x 2 v4 / Basic Avio x 2 v1

Remind me..............

Post by MartinWilson »

........how to put for example a crossfade to join every scene in one go. I did this once sometime ago but for the life of me I cannot remember how I did it.

Thanks
Martin

GTFC Video

Goole, East Yorkshire, England
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Remind me..............

Post by CKNewman »

I think you must have used Powerkey. While in the transitions screen I think you hit Control, Insert, and the Storyboard keys at once to add the transition of the desired type and length to the first location. Then you hit (I think) Control and R which brings up a box where you can insert the number of times you want the transition inserted on the storyboard. I would check the manual to be sure.
Craig Newman
MartinWilson

Post by MartinWilson »

CKNewman wrote:I think you must have used Powerkey. While in the transitions screen I think you hit Control, Insert, and the Storyboard keys at once to add the transition of the desired type and length to the first location. Then you hit (I think) Control and R which brings up a box where you can insert the number of times you want the transition inserted on the storyboard. I would check the manual to be sure.
Thanks for that Craig, but it wasn't powerkey as I don't have it. I am sure it became an option in V4. software although it was a shame it wasn't one of the first basic operations from V1.onwards
Martin

GTFC Video

methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

When you go to pick out your transitions, you pick the ops and you can make the transitions start and go throughout the story board.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

The button (in transitions) is the OPT one - think this is only in Smart Edit 8 & 9 (and Bogart).

Select this and then 'tick' the transition(s) that you want and you can then add them from whichever scene you are on in the Story Board - be it the first one or if you wanted to start somewhere near the end and add Page Turns etc.

This function will also remove transitions if you require.
MartinWilson

Post by MartinWilson »

Yep, thanks for that guys, found it.

Cheers,
Martin

GTFC Video