Blue Box World audio

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Blue Box World audio

Post by Christopher6206 »

Everytime I use blu box world the audio is messed up. Once the scene is rendered the audio starts off silent and then gradually builds louder and louder until it's normal volume. Sometimes taking 10 or 15 seconds. This is of course easily fixed by muting the audio and re inserting it using scene to sample and muting the newly rendered audio. But I was wondering if this was a glitch in the Blu Box world program, if anyone else is experiencing this, and if there was a solution other than what's mentioned here.

Thanks!
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Re: Blue Box World audio

Post by IanPearson »

Chris
No it is not a glitch, the blue boxing effect of BB World is a transition effect and so the audio will fade from one scene to the next, over the period you have set the effect, ususally the full duration of the two scenes. If the first scene is silent it will fade from zero to full volume over this perid.

If you want the audio from one scene, you do as you suggest, use a scene sample.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

Hi,
I'd say this is a glitch. There are other programms that are used as transition effects that do not show this behaviour, if I remember correctly (PiP-Studio, Picture in Picture Effect,...)

Best regards,
Volker
Volker Hill - Germany
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Your profile shows that you have two editors. Which one are you talking about? Was it always there or did it start when you made a change, like updating your operating systems?
Craig Newman
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Don't know about the fading - I always thought that 'it' retained the audio from the wrong scene :roll:

Can you go into an empty project and record two scenes and try just those - with nothing else in the Story Board, just to see if it still happens ?

There is a setting, with Smart Edit, in Project, Audio Setting that says 'Transitions = Constant "or" Lowered' - which do you have it set to, if you are on Smart Edit ?
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Volker
I have just tried several BB World tests using Bogart V5 on my S6000 and Smart Edit V9 on my Solitaire. I prepared two clips of the same duration, with audio on each. The second scene was an object on a solid green background.

Setting the BB World to the full transition duration and keying out the green on the second scene, when rendered and then played, the audio from the first scene started full volume and faded out to near zero as the audio from the second scene came up from near zero to full volume.

If the second scene is silent the audio on the first scene starts full volume and fades to zero towards the end on the effect.

This has always been my experience of the BB World program, since the early days of the Smart Edit OS’s.

As I said earier, I don’t think Chris has a fault, it is the way the program works, well at least on mine and Chris’s units.

You are correct, whilst PIP Studio, etc are also transition effects, they do not display this audio fading issue, but I have no idea why or why not?????

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Post by Christopher6206 »

To answer Craigs question I was using BB Blue box on the Bogart system. I haven't tried on SE 9. And yes I have tried it where they are the only 2 scenes in the storyboard. The background scene has no audio. Thanks for the responses everyone.- Chris
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705