Suggestions to Ensure Peak Performance of Render Booster

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Suggestions to Ensure Peak Performance of Render Booster

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Here is some possibly important info/suggestions from a colleague of ours from PAL (this was posted on the Cassie Tips List today).
There are two 'take-away's in my mind:
  • 1. Always first try the lowest quality/data-rate. If that's not sufficient try the next highest quality/data-rate.
    2. Provide _plenty_ of air-flow & circulation for your Render Booster to keep it cool.
"Some 10 days ago I attended a MacroSystem Roadshow here in Vienna. Regarding Render Booster we have been told to set it FIRST to the LOWEST data rate, and if the result is not satisfying, then to MEDIUM.

Because the Render Booster is itself a very specialized minicomputer, it renders everything ways better than coming directly from any Casablanca despite settings LOW or MEDIUM.

Although astonishing we were advised not to set it to High let alone to Maximum, because this causes massive extra-work for the Render Booster, possibly resulting in overheating, which will cause the Render Booster to shut down! I know, it sounds kind of weird, but the processor of the Render Booster is a very specialized piece of hardware with a totally new design compared to the processors used in the Casablanca machines. In addition, good air circulation around the Render Booster is needed !

If the Render Booster quits working, don't blame it, but check your chosen settings first, before sending it back to Boulder ! By the way, 3 out of 4 Render Booster sent back to MS Germany are reported to function properly. Hope this is of help !

Merry Christmas to all of you from overseas,
Conrad from Vienna, Austria"
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com