PIP is still jittery

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

PIP is still jittery

Post by Christopher6206 »

Hello! This is a follow up to an earlier post. I'm trying to do a zoom in of text. Using white text on a black background. Line zooming does not give me what I want. The lines zoom in but they have large spaces between the lines when the text is small and just beginning to zoom in. The spaces get closer to one another as the text zooms in. That's not what I want. I want the text to zoom in all together, starting infinitly small and growing larger and larger with the space bewtween the lines never changing. There are 3 lines of text on my title page so 2 spaces between the 3 lines. I tried saving the text as just a scene using in/out fading pages only there is no fading as I set the fade to zero. So the text is on the screen full size for the whole 8 seconds. I then used PIP Studio 2 to then zoom the frame in and "hard cut" the frame out. The first scene is an 8 second black scene and the second is the 8 second text scene. The position of the frame is the same for both in and out and there are no other key frames to deal with. There is no border or shadow on the frame. But when I preview or render the effect, the text zooms in all jittery. Bouncing up and down slightly. Why does this happen? And is there a setting in "Line Zooming" that will correct the large spaces between the lines when rendering the effects? Thanks for any help!
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Re: PIP is still jittery

Post by IanPearson »

If I have understood correctly, you want white lettering to expand from zero to full size on a black background all on the same plane, i.e. coming out from centre screen.

Line zoom as you say will not give you this effect. I suggest that PIP-Studio 2 is probably your best option. I have used the following and the wording expands in a quite stable manner when rendered.

1. Place an 8s black scene in the story board, select “Adding Page” enter the text and set the size to how you want it to finish. Make a “scene” of the result.
2. Place a blank 8s black scene in the storyboard, followed by your text scene.
3. Select “Transitions” – “PIP-Studio 2” – “Add” – set the time to 8s – “Launch PIP-Studio 2”.
4. Set “PIP” to single – “Shape” to rectangle” – “Size” to the final size you require “Position as required e.g. centre of screen – no boarder or shadow.
5. Select “Effect” – “Out” – “Effect” set to hard cut – “In” – “Effect” to zoom and “Fade time” to the full 8s. Then “Create”

If you want the text to come from say the top corner to centre screen you will have to use “Custom” and set an additional way point, with the start and finish moved as appropriate.

It is possible that you may see occasional fine green edging as the black text box zooms in, if so you can set a black boarder of size 1 and 5% blur, which will get ride of this ugly effect.

This program can be a little tricky if all the previous settings have not been cleared, so first make sure that all additional way points, etc are removed. I have been in touch with MS Germany, about this program and among other things have suggested they include a default button in this program. They say it is on the wish list.

Hope this is what you require.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Thanks Ian. I tried all that except I was using "in out fading pages" instead of "Adding Page" for my text effect. I tried useing "adding page" instead as you suggested but I have the same result. I tried removing the borders and shadows from the text. Same result. The text doesn't jitter as much when the PIP effect is only 3 seconds. So I rendered that and used "Twixtor Length adjust" to lenghten the clip to 8 seconds. This was an improvement over the original attempt, but it is far from looking clean. I do get the annoying green bars at the top and bottom. Black Border has no options on it that I see, and it didn't get rid of the green bars. "Border" has options but that didn't work either. I also tried "Cinema Scope" but that didn't work. I think I'm going to just pick a different text effect and forget about using PIP for now.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206

Ian, I did also try using the Border option in the PIP menu. This of course has options for size and blur. But that didn't help either. Still have the green bars.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Hmmm I will have to give this some thought, in the meantime see the following.

The green edging I was referring to was not at the edge of the whole screen, but the edge of the PIP scene as the size increases. As the wording expands, there are occasional very fine green lines around the PIP rectangle edges. Otherwise my version worked just fine, over the full 8s.

The other thing I did was to make the wording on the PIP scene almost fill the page. Then when zooming out from 20 x 0 (the lowest size setting), the PIP only had to expand to 720 x 200 to make it come up quite large on the completed scene.

There are quite a number of shortcoming with this program, most of which are know by MS, but they are reliant upon third party developers to fix these issues. One of the issues is, at high screen resolution 1920 x 1080, the max PIP size is 720x200, less than 25% or the screen.

Apart from the above there is one other thing you might want to try and that is to delete the PIP-Studio 2 program from your system settings menu and reload, assuming you have it on a CD download. This might just work.

One other option is if you have Deluxe-Titler 3D, it is doable with this program.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
Christopher6206

Ok Ian. The project I'm working wih is SD 16 x 9. I will play around with it a little more and try the re install. Thanks for your help.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705