File types

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

File types

Post by Alan »

Hi, we all know that our Cassi's record analogue and DV throught the front and back connectors. What can be recorded through the USB connector I'm not sure. And what files cannot be recorded I don't know. Does any one have a list of what can and cannot be recorded? I would not like a nasty surprise if I bought a new camera only to find it would not transfer to the Cassi. Mine is the S4000pro with the latest software, but what about other machines and software versions? We could do with a full list for all machines.

Alan.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

Re: File types

Post by videojim »

Thus far, with Bogart 5.3 in an S6000, I have imported AVI's, jpg stills, wav files, 1080, and 720p video with the USB terminals in front. Right handy, because it means I take the memcard out of my D90, stick it in a reader and plug that in. Just watch your settings when you load in, and get them set to what you are feeding it. Tends NOT to like iinterlace and progressive in the same project, and warns you if it sees it. But the USB input is one of the biggest improvements in the Cassie line that I know of. Now, if they'd just broaden the list of file types . . .
Skype ID-talkingrock756