shrunken PIP!

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

shrunken PIP!

Post by videojim »

Anybody notice that the PIP in PiP Studio 2 is MUCH smaller than in PiP studio? I was trying to do the exercise in Birdy's last DVD, and the PIP wouldn't even cover the faces! Anybody got a solution to this?
Skype ID-talkingrock756
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: shrunken PIP!

Post by LouBruno »

That issue has been around since day #1 and is reported. Never tried it , but can you use ZOOM in IP to expand the scene?
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Re: shrunken PIP!

Post by IanPearson »

Jim
As Lou says, this has been a problem from the start. I have asked MS Germany about the issue, but they say it is a third party program and they are in the hands of the third party to fix the problem. There is no indication of when a fix will be developed.

The work around is to go into “settings” – “screen” and set the screen resolution to 720x576 (16:9). This allows any PIP to be sized to almost full screen. When you have completed the PIP adjustments, go back to your normal resolution and the PIP(s) remain as set in 720x576.

This is obviously a screen resolution issue, so why it is taking so long to come up with a fix, I have no idea.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England