download video is horizontal, how to change

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
johno
Casablanca Unit: s4000 pro

download video is horizontal, how to change

Post by johno »

I received a downloaded video from a customer from dropbox, the video on the monitor is correct, when I copy to a flash drive to put in my cassie, it comes out, horizontal. Is there a way to switch the picture from horizontal to vertical?
thanks
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: download video is horizontal, how to change

Post by CKNewman »

I can't tell what you are seeing from the description you've provided. Could you go into some more detail? If you meant to say it looks stretched horizontally, did you select the proper aspect ratio in your Cassie before you imported the footage (4:3 perhaps)?
Craig Newman
johno
Casablanca Unit: s4000 pro

Post by johno »

Craig, sorry bad job of explaining. I have found out that the video that was sent to me via the internet was recorded on a ipad, and I know believe it was recorded with the ipad being held in a wrong position. I imported the video into my cassie and used rotate in video processing and it worked.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

As we used to do for vertical wedding images, just tell them to turn the TV on it's side. :D
Brenda
Casablanca Unit: Camera:Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 shooting 1920x1080 60P footage
Casablanca Editor: Ultra
PC Editor: Windows 10 Home C 2016 Microsoft Corp
Dell XPS 8500 Intel ® Core ™ i7-3770CPU @ 3.40 GHz 16GB
RAM, 64-bit OpSys, x64-based processor, No Pen or Touch input

Post by Brenda »

Glad you solved the problem, Johno. Always a happy feeling. Thank goodness for "rotate" as I have seen video from still/video cameras come in sideways. Wierd, but somewhat understandable. HO, HO, Bob. :lol:
Brenda
Lantow Productions, casablancabrenda@gmail.com, 530-283-1590