Stills from memory card or dvd

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Stills from memory card or dvd

Post by methuenbill »

I have a Bride who wants stills from her video. I have the memory card and the dvd I burnt. Which is the best and how do I get the still.
pjbilb
Casablanca Unit: S2000

Re: Stills from memory card or dvd

Post by pjbilb »

I was browsing the forum and noticed there was no reply to this. You have probably done it by now but this is what I would do:
Take the still from the original video, not from a dvd which is compressed.
With the scene selected in the scene bin, clik opt/export pic to archives. Use the position button to select the frame you want for the still and clik ok. You can do a similar thing from the storyboard by clicking on the range button, scrolling thru the scene and selecting the frame you want. Then clik on the camera button.
Both these methods send a pic to Media Manager and from there you can export the pic to a usb drive, then to your pc /printer etc.
...Phil.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Might be easier to use a PC or Mac. Do a search using the term still from video. Even an inexpensive photo program may have an option for this.
Craig Newman
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

Thanks for the reply
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Use your PHOTO TRANSFER software and skip MM.
pjbilb
Casablanca Unit: S2000

Post by pjbilb »

Good point Lou, Media Manager is not the most elegant program I have used, it does come in handy sometimes tho. The original video camera could also have a 'still from video function', I know that one of my later DV tape cams has because it also has an SD card slot.
...Phil
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Or (depending on you version of Bogart) you can use the Range button (in the Edit Window) to scroll through your completed Story Board.

Whilst doing this "if" your range control box had a little picture of a camera in it you can click on that every time you see a 'still' that you want.

Once finished pop into Media Managed and Photo Archives and you'll see all your pictures there ready to be put on USB stick or disc.