Overlaying Graphic

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Rte80west
Casablanca Unit: S4000 PRO

Overlaying Graphic

Post by Rte80west »

Hi all

I have what I think is a relatively simple question, but I've never run into it until now. I am trying to place a company logo as a permanant graphic in the lower corner of a training video I created for them. It has to be THEIR graphic - exact font, etc so I can't just enter it in with title box and try to match font/color. Could I just load it in as a jpg via PhotoTransfer and then picture in picture place it? Not in front of my device now or I'd try it but does this make sense?

Similarly, if I want to overlay text and add arrows and such, pointing to specific portions of the captured video, what isthe best way to accomplish this? Via word, then load in as jpg and pic in pic? or is there a better wya to do all of this in the Karat? I'm sure with text I can do this so long as I am OK with font options there, but what about arrows and similar identifiers?

Thanks in advance
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Overlaying Graphic

Post by Christopher6206 »

You probably should get a .png with alpha channel transparency from your client. Not sure on the exact type but I think that's it. This will allow you to place the logo on the screen without having any background that might be included on the .jpg image. Put your .png image on a USB stick and plug into Karat. Then select your scene you want to add the graphic to and select special, Pattern 2, select pattern, change Product to Custom images and select one of the black boxes provided. Then click on Custom underneath the boxes and you'll have the option to import your image. Once imported highlight the image and click ok. Then you can position the pattern wherever you want on screen. I've only done this with my S-4000 pro and the preview image was not very accurate but you should eventually be able to get it to work.

As far as arrows you might be able to use "Object Tracer" in the special menu but I don't have that program so I'm not sure. For such things I often use "Hot Spot" or "Spotlight" to highlight an area of the screen while darkening the rest forcing the viewer to look at that spot on screen. Hope that helps.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
sparks0335
Casablanca Unit: Renommee v9.1 audio effects v1.1a, 3-D shapes v1.1, card drive v1.3d,
disk-transfer v1.2a, DVD arabesk v3.3, effect pack (1-4) v1.1, Front pack (1-4)
PIP studio v1.0, Photo Transfer v1.6c, Power Key v1.0, Title Effects 1 v1.2
Title Effects 2 v1.4, Blue Box World, Object Tracer.
Prestige Plus v4.1

Post by sparks0335 »

You might try Bump transition, it's in Effect Pack 5. If you have Birdy's Tips and Tricks Vol. 1 he explains how this is done.
John
John Boughton
Mechanic9377@yahoo.com
Renommee and Prestige Plus
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Post by Christopher6206 »

I think there are also arrows on some of the symbol fonts in the titling program but only be able to use it with a still scene.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Great post Chris and worth copying and saving. Yes. Object tracer allows direct placement. I sometime utilize the 'pointing finger' graphic.
Rte80west
Casablanca Unit: S4000 PRO

Post by Rte80west »

Just now seeing these replies - thanks guys, will try out.