HD footage into Solitaire

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
pdjohnson
Casablanca Unit: 1 saphir with 10 Bogart
1 Solitaire Plus SE 9.1 Loaded
1 Solitaire SE 9.1 Loaded
2 sony HD cameras
4 Sony VX2100
Canon XSI SLR
2 Canon Rebel T1i
Terabyte external drive

HD footage into Solitaire

Post by pdjohnson »

I purchased a Panasonic HC-V770 with the av-RCA adapter. How do I input this footage from the camera to my Solitaire? I always thought the Solitaire could handle HD and down convert to SD. How do I do this?
Thanks so much
David & Pauline
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: HD footage into Solitaire

Post by Christopher6206 »

It's been a long time since I read up on the Solotaire being able to handle HD. And by handle I would think that footage can be imported but working with it would be very slow. My Solitaire cannot import footage at 1920 x 1080, only the 2 smaller HD formats. I also don't know the specs of your camera. I do know that when I shoot sporting events that require little if any editing, it's easier and quicker just to have the camera downconvert the signal as it is going in. There is a setting for down converting the footage in the menu for my camera, so that I can out put through the fire wire and the Cassie machine reads it as SD. Much quicker than importing HD and then telling the Cassie to convert the footage. If I were to use the triple pin RCA cable and import it that way I think my camera would be automatically outputting in SD since that's all those RCA cables can handle but using the digital fire wire seems like a better option. So if you are using an av adapter that is RCA it would seem that that is what your camera should be outputting, regardless of whether or not your footage is HD or SD.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705