B roll Camera

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

B roll Camera

Post by flvideo »

I need a new B roll camera that is HD cheap, and is compatable with BFW gold! Any suggestions?
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: B roll Camera

Post by CKNewman »

Your profile only lists mini-dv camcorders so you might want to update it to reflect your main HD camera.
Craig Newman
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I haven't got it yet Craig but I am going to order it next week. Sony 96GB HXR-NX30 It is the end of my racing season so I am going to gear up for the 2016 season with HD gear! I have the BFW gold and am anxious to get started! I'll update my profile when I have it. I need a small inexpensive camera to take to the infield to get post race interviews. It would be nice to have something I can put a little Shot gun on!
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I just looked at your post again and it got me thinking. Even though these interviews will be post race, there will probably still be a lot of ambient sound like engines revving. The people you are interviewing will be competing with that background sound. I would think for the best sounding interviews you might want to consider a wired mic like a Shure SM48 or SM58 with a foam windscreen in your bag for use on windy days.
Craig Newman
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I Have wired mic hooked to my wireless, a Sennheiser I just bought about 6 months ago. It works well. It is directional and I always turn my man with my back to the noise and I have the camera mic turned real low. I do interviews in the pit's with sprint cars running right next to me and get very good audio. I have an excellent set up now but its SD and my camera's are not manufactured any more and parts are next to impossible to find! If my camera's were HD I'd be pleased. I kep thinking I am going to get my new camera but something keeps coming. We are in our down season right now so its all on hold!
CKNewman

Post by CKNewman »

I'm trying to picture what you're describing. Do you mean you have the Sennheiser plug-on transmitter plugged into the XLR connector of the mic? What microphone are you using?
Craig Newman
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

The Mic is a MD46 and I plug an XLR in the mic and plug the other end into my wireless transmitter. My wireless reciever is mounted on my camera pluged into one channel of the camera and I adjust the level for my host on That channel and I adjust the other channel for Nat sound! I also have a little Mackie 402 for wired mic's when I am in a studio setting with wired mic's! It all works good together but I need 1 more Wired lapel for my Mackie!