Problems rendering SD video in Arabesk 6

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Problems rendering SD video in Arabesk 6

Post by Christopher6206 »

I'm just trying to render some transferred VHS footage into Arabesk 6. TRT is 200 minutes. I'm using render booster on my Karat. I've created the menu and I am using a DVD+R DL. Which Arabesk says will fill the disc to 80%. It looks like the render should take around 1 and 1/2 hours. I walk away, come back periodically to find it rendering away just fine. 2 hrs later I find the machine is either off or has rebooted. I start up Arabesk to find that it never burned the disc and it has erased any progress on the render. Which would make sense if the machine had crashed. This has happened twice on the same program. I am now rendering half the transfer and trying to burn it to a single layer DVD+R. SO my question is, Arabesk 6 the latest and greatest from Macrosystem can't handle a 200 minute render of SD material without crashing? I will update later after this third try is finished.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Problems rendering SD video in Arabesk 6

Ok, so I split the SD footage in half and made 2 single layer DVD+R discs of the footage. They both played successfully though on both menus for some reason the title I created despite being centered on the screen when created,were skewed left on the final disc. Not a big deal but the fact that I was able to create 2 single layered discs eliminates the possibility that the footage was corrupted or had some other error that was causing Arabesk to not render the original 200 min film, and therefore causing it to crash. I can only conclude that for some reason the length of the footage is what was causing the problem. Please chime in if you have another explanation. Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

When you "add" the movie in the Arabesk disc project you should get an indication of what percentage of the blank disc you will be using. With a 200 minute project you will have to go into the "Quality setting" and choose probably "low" if you are not setup to burn a dual layer disc. I don't know if it is possible to burn a 200 minute project even on "low" quality setting.
BobFoster
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

One other observation. If you can get approval from the content monitor to burn a 200 minute dvd on "low", turn off the Render Booster. It does not function well with SD content.
Christopher6206

It was set up for a Dual layer disc, medium quality, which as I understand it is what "normal" used to be in earlier versions of Arabesk. Disc fill level at 80%. And yes Render Booster was on. I didn't want to wait 3 1/2 hours for the disc to render. I just looked at the user notes for Render Booster on the Macrosystem website. It says that it can be used for SD projects. And says nothing about it not working well with SD projects. Are you saying that RB doesn't work well with the low quality setting?
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
BobFoster

Post by BobFoster »

No, I'm saying it doesn't work well with SD at any quality. The instructions are misleading. When they say it can be used for SD DVD's they are referring to the process of down converting from HD to SD for a disc project. If that is what you are doing, then go for it.
Bob F :D
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

.pure SD....no need for RB.

.Save space? Try compressing audio first