Rendering DVD & Blu Ray, HD project in Arabesk

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Rendering DVD & Blu Ray, HD project in Arabesk

Post by Christopher6206 »

Made HD project and burned a nice looking Blu Ray in Arabesk 6.3. The project was a stage play with a chapter menu showing each scene as a Thumbnail with the name of the scene beneath each thumbnail.

The client also wanted a DVD of the same disc. I made the appropriate mods to the project and made a nice looking DVD+R (DL) at high data rate. Plays fine but the chapter menu is a little messed up. The titles under the thumbnails are too large and are bleeding into one another, and over the arrow that navigates from page to page. They're also off center from beneath their thumbnail.

So I go back into the project and check my settings for the format of the chapter menu and main menu. Both are set at 16 X 9. I had thought maybe they were set at 4X 3 and the menu was getting squished. So I changed the size of the font and re centered each title for each thumbnail in the chapter menu. Menu looked good, doubled checked everything else, and clicked burn disc.

Arabesk is now re rendering the entire film. I only modified text size and placement on the chapter menu. I have modified the main and chapter menu in previous versions of Arabesk but only for an SD project and Arabesk never had to Re render the film. The film in my current project was already rendered, down converted to SD, if I hadn't made any adjustments to the chapter menu I could have burned another one.

Is this an oversight in the program?
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705