Digital Hotcakes

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
macntucson
Casablanca Unit: s-2000

Digital Hotcakes

Post by macntucson »

Is it true that I need both Disk Transfer and BlueBox World in order to be able to use Digital Hotcakes?

Tom in Tucson
S-2000, Bogart 5.5, PIP Studio 3D/Deluxe Titler, Columbus 3, Audio FX1, 3D Shapes, Fonts1-4, FontPackPro, FX1-8, Magic Lights, Motion3D 1-2, Photo Studio 2, PIP Studio, Photo Transfer, Title FX1 and 2, Twixtor, Particle Magic
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Re: Digital Hotcakes

Post by ChrisStone »

Tom, yes and no
If the Digital hotcakes package your looking at comes on a DVD in avi format (the few I own do) then yes you'd need disk transfer to read them directly into your machine. You dont neccessarily need bluebox world to use all Digital hotcakes, but there are a good number of them that have green/blue or black backgrounds designed for cromakeying your scenes, so for those you would need to use the standard bluebox, but Bluebox world will do a MUCH better job.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
macntucson
Casablanca Unit: s-2000

Post by macntucson »

Thanks, Chris. Unfortunately, I bought one of the Digital Hotcakes volumes while it was on sale not realizing I needed Disk Transfer until it arrived.

Tom in Tucson
S-2000, Bogart 5.5, PIP Studio 3D/Deluxe Titler, Columbus 3, Audio FX1, 3D Shapes, Fonts1-4, FontPackPro, FX1-8, Magic Lights, Motion3D 1-2, Photo Studio 2, PIP Studio, Photo Transfer, Title FX1 and 2, Twixtor, Particle Magic
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

Tom, an option for you is to try and bring the Digital Hotcakes files into your PC. Then using Windows movie maker or any other PC based editing software, you can play it back out to tape. Then you can digitize the tape back into your casablanc. Personnaly though I'd just spend the 99 dollars on disk transfer. Its well worth it.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5