Formats

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Formats

Post by Christopher6206 »

Talking about "PC FIles Direct MP4" in Media Manager, I have put output .mp4s that are over an hour with MM but they were all SD projects. Whenever I try to do an HD project with the same setting I always get the message "An error occurred" or something like that. If I change the setting to do a YOuTube .mp4 (much lower bit rate) it always works whether it's HD or SD. When I first got my S-4000 Pro doing PC Files Direct MP4, in HD it worked but at some point it just stopped working so when trying to give a client and HD video data file I always used PC Files Direct AVI and that does not have any issues. I haven't tried any of it on my new Karat but I'm hoping when I do I can get the PC Files Direct MP4 to work.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

Since Bogart 5 but specifically in Bogart 6, we CAN successfully export a scene or storyboard (and not loose audio) from Bogart to media manager without having to check on the MPEG convert.....I never check it on because I want the maximum quality (up to 60 mbps) once in media manager. In addition, I set the quality to "Extra High" located in the archiving menu just before you start the exportation into media manager......The audio sync issues have been greatly improved. Also, I have not noticed any storyboard or scene length limitations. I export into the pc files H.264.mp4 direct all the time however, my ultimate method I use for archiving and for uploading to social media is the .TS (Transport stream) codec. It is 100% lossless.

Joel Brooks-MIT Video
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8346
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Joel where is TS CODEC ? remember I go to MM a few times after a CATASTROPHIC CRASH that I had in BOGART 4 where a STUCK in media manager :oops: just like Tom.
So ALWAYS UNCHECK(not activate) mpeg convert and use EXTRA HIGH,right ?

Thanks
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

Franklin,

Yes. The .TS codec is found under the "PC Files" export options in Media Manager near the top of the list....

Joel Brooks-MIT Video
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Thanks Joel for your value information !! :D
Montanamartin
Casablanca Unit: Karat/Avio/Kron, 3 Sony FX-1s, Boss 8 track recorder, Tascam dr-07,sennh. wireless mic.,Rode shotgun mic, dog and cat

Post by Montanamartin »

Thank you all for all the input! We are learning a lot.The TS worked very good.
Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin
Mountain View Productions
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com