Copying an old DVD

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
charlietravels
Casablanca Unit: Avio Version4.1d/Arabesk3.1a

Copying an old DVD

Post by charlietravels »

I just upgraded my S3000 with BluRae burner to Bogart 4.5c and Arabesk 5.4c and wanted to copy some of my old videos onto a BluRae disc. When I tried to copy a DVD that was made on the same machine, the clip that ended up on the storyboard had bars on both sides, and the picture was almost square, not the 16:9 format of the DVD.
How can I import the DVD without the bars, and in the original format?
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Copying an old DVD

Post by LouBruno »

What is the original file on the disc ? is it AVCHD? BMV? MPEG-2? Did you try importing via the bogart RECORD window?
MEDIA MANAGER SIDE? IF SD, did Kesbera cause the issue.
charlietravels
Casablanca Unit: Avio Version4.1d/Arabesk3.1a

Post by charlietravels »

Video taken in wide screen mode by Panasonic HDC-TM700 High def camcorder, set on HG1920R. Transferred to S3000 by USB cable. Edited and burned on S3000 unit. Same DVD inserted in S3000, using Bogart Record function. Used "Import from USB/CD/DVD" function. Chose "All". Monitor shows "Slow Scaling Required". The monitor showed the slow scaling in full screen 16:9, but when completed, the images on the story line had the dark bands on both sides, unlike the original clips when first transferred from the camcorder.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

On the TIM-700, the 1920R setting is the lowest setting. What I think is happening, due to slow scaling, you are down converting to SD thus the bars-letter boxed.

. Is there a way you can analog out the camera. That MAY solve the aspect issue?

Try Media Manager importation just to test he import. Doubtful this will make 16:9 as a full screen.