Speaker output on S-4000 pro

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Speaker output on S-4000 pro

Post by Christopher6206 »

I'm looking for the speaker output on the S-4000 pro. I can't find it. The manuel is no use, it does not list a speaker output but there are 3 colored mini plug looking connections on the back that I can't find a description for. and neither is macorsystmes (US) website. It just says there's a connection for "stereo audio" on the back. Probably the RCA input. I've tried outputting the headphone jack to the line in and mic in on my PC but it only plays it through the laptop speakers and not the stereo speakers I have hooked up to the laptop. I have tried the DIgital optical out but I don't have receiver with my current editing system nor a digital optical input on my PC. I'm just looking for anolouge out on the S-4000 pro. Thanks!
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Speaker output on S-4000 pro

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Hello Chris,

On the S4000/PRO the line level outputs are the RCA/Phono ports labeled Audio Out.
There are actually 2 pairs of these RCA ports - one pair at bottom of the right (when looking at the back of your editor) and one pair up/down near the heat sink.

I use a flat panel monitor with a speaker bar (that has a hard wired mini-plug connector). I plug this into the Headphone Jack at front right corner of my S4000 PRO (using a 1/4 Phone Plug>Mini Jack adapter).

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Post by Alan »

Front left corner on mine.

Alan
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Oops - thanks Alan, I should have said the headphone jack is on the front right corner of my S4000PRO (that's the 'other' left side)

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com