PC playback

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
rone
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire Plus, all software, GL2 and GY HM 700

PC playback

Post by rone »

I am using the same Solitaire, software, -R DVD's, and PC using Windows Media Player for several years now. All of a suddenly the PC will only playback the first one second of the finished DVD (video black and music). Everything is the same equipment. The DVD plays great on a portable DVD player, just not a PC. Any ideas?
rone

Re: PC playback Update

Post by rone »

Should have checked this before posting ...my PC does not play previously recorded Cassie DVD's either ! Must not be a Cassie problem.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: PC playback

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Ron,

This is one of the challenges facing us in this age of so many different devices that we and our clients/audience will use to playback content...especially with computers. As they change an application (software) or OS software/firmware there is the possibility that what played yesterday or last week will not play today. Microsoft sends auto-updates of software to their computers on Tuesdays, if this is something you just noticed today. You can take your computer 'out of this loop' for auto-updates but then you run the risk of not receiving updates which may be beneficial relative to security, etc.

If you haven't already done so - I would recommend trying another/different PC to see if it still plays back your DVDs.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
rone

Re: PC playback

Post by rone »

Chet,

Plays back on my laptop perfect.