Importing Blu Ray disc into Arabesk

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Importing Blu Ray disc into Arabesk

Post by Christopher6206 »

Hello! I have an HD Blu Ray disc I burned with my s-4000 pro a few years ago. It was with an older version of Arabesk so it has no menu on it. And the disc was only compatible with one Blu Ray player that I have and not compatible with the Blu Ray player my client had. I want to re import it into Arabesk 5.6 and re burn with menu so that hopefully it will be a more compatible disc. I tried importing into Arabesk by clicking on read DVD. My settings were set to Blu Ray Media and to Burn on a Blu Ray disc. But the machine keeps importing for a few minutes and then tells me "Error reading disc". The disc is pristinely clean. (maybe I should clean it anyways) So my question is, what is the best way to get the data onto the Cassie? Kserba? Will that give me as good a copy as my original? Copying the disc in MM may work but I'm afraid I'll only end up with a disc exactly like the one I have, uncompatible with a lot of Blu Ray players. Plus I won't be able to add the menu. Currently I'm trying to import the disc through MM into the archives. It seems to be working but I'm afraid I'll still end up with an inferior copy in the end. I had it backed up but because it's so old that back up was deleted long ago. Any suggestions??? Thanks!
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Importing Blu Ray disc into Arabesk

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Chris,
Given your intentions above I would use the Read Disk function in Arabesk.
Since you are a website member I replied to your email with some additional details.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com