RCA in back

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

RCA in back

Post by videojim »

How do I adjust the S6K so it will see a video coming in thru RCA in the rear? Thanks!
Skype ID-talkingrock756
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Re: RCA in back

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

In main menu go to video record and set input to RCA rear.
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
videojim

Post by videojim »

Sounds stupid, I guess, but could not find the video input selector. On the screen where I pick record, I hit on "record" and could not find this. I have an S6000.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Upper part of the Audio Record window. May be set to DV.
videojim

Post by videojim »

Guess I don't see how a setting in the audio side (it is set for RCA back) affects the video recording side.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
videojim

Post by videojim »

I am trying to import the video for Birdy's Tips and Tricks, V1, and there is no audio, so I am running a video only line from the DVD player direct to video input on the S6K, thinking the video it is seeing will come through the HDMI feed from the editor.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I don't own a Bogart editor, but I just looked at the manual for Version 5. I think you have to be working in an SD project, not HD.
Craig Newman
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

'Late to the party/conversation here'... but yes, Craig has the key -- on the Bogart OS editors you must be inside an active SD (Standard Definition) project to be able to access the analog inputs (S-video and or RCA/Phono inputs). This is set in the Project Settings Menu. Then go into the Video Settings Menu to select either S-video (Y/C connector) for video or RCA/Phono for the Yellow Phono connector for video input.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
videojim

Post by videojim »

That makes sense! Options won't show that don't apply, yes. Thanks!
Skype ID-talkingrock756
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

WOOPS......my misunderstanding. Audio is audio in that panel.

videojim wrote:Guess I don't see how a setting in the audio side (it is set for RCA back) affects the video recording side.