Formats

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Montanamartin
Casablanca Unit: Karat/Avio/Kron, 3 Sony FX-1s, Boss 8 track recorder, Tascam dr-07,sennh. wireless mic.,Rode shotgun mic, dog and cat

Formats

Post by Montanamartin »

I am being asked to film and edit some episodes for the Sportsman Channel.I will be using Sony FX-1s to film and will be using my Cassablanca Karot to edit with. I'm familer with going into Medea Madager and putting my videos into other formats like HD-H264.So these guys want the footage in a MXF OPla format. I don't see that any ware in Medea Manager.
what sould I do? Am I all ready in the MXF format in the Karot? :?: :roll: Thanks
Kevin Martin
Mountain View Productions
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Formats

Post by Christopher6206 »

I don't much about .mxf. I've read that Casablanca machines can take .mxf but not output in that format. Though my S-4000 pro would not take the format I was able to convert it to .mov using third party software. It would seem if you output your final product to a high bit rate format like .avi or .dv you might be able to convert that to .mxf using third party software. The software I used to convert .mxf to .mov is called Pavtube Video converter but I'm not sure it works the other way around. This really just a place for you to get started, as I said I'm not an expert with .mxf. Anyone else have any ideas?
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

This is a needed format codec and is supposedly on the future Bogart wishlist.......I would save the footage to either H.264 or even better, the .TS (transport stream) codec...it is "unchanged" in audio and video quality...then export to a 3rd party to save as .MXF.

Joel Brooks-MIT Video
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
Montanamartin
Casablanca Unit: Karat/Avio/Kron, 3 Sony FX-1s, Boss 8 track recorder, Tascam dr-07,sennh. wireless mic.,Rode shotgun mic, dog and cat

Post by Montanamartin »

Thank you all very much. That clears it up for me. My wife thinks Sony Vegas will convert it for us.We will see. Yes it would be great if we were able to convert to the MXF format on are casablancas. Acording to the Sportsmans Chanal MXF is "a very common broadcast standard."
Thanks again
Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Wow!!!!! One minute. .MXF is a WRAPPER!!!!!!! A wrapper can contain any group of CODECS. Do not confuse the MXF file as an end to all. It may not work or import in many softwares..

Stick with the .TS files in Bogart for lossless.

.MXF is a "container" or "wrapper" format which supports a number of different streams of coded "essence", encoded in any of a variety of video and audio compression formats, together with a metadata wrapper which describes the material contained within the MXF file.

I am ready to throw this iPad out the window. Auto correct is killing me.
Montanamartin

Post by Montanamartin »

Thanks Lou,
I will stick with the TS files in our Bogart system. I am going to have to study up on all this stuff.
Kevin
Montanamartin

Post by Montanamartin »

So... does any one out there know how, or even if, we can get our footage (and I quote) into" a MXF or Quicktime wrapper using an XDCAM 50 codec with 4 or more audio channals?" The guy from The Sportsman Channel siad that " Mac and either Adobe Premier or FCPX" would work. But I would rether use my Karat to do the whole kit and kabootal and save myself hours of time in the editing department. Thanks again for the input.

Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

http://www.freemxfconverter.com/

For the purpose of resolving the problem, We develop this MXF converter to help camcorder users to convert MXF video format to other general video formats, such as HD mov, avi, mp4 to enable users edit the source video in editing software (Final cut Pro, Prores, Cyberlink Powerdirector, Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, Quicktime, etc).
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

Lou is correct......My bad. .MXF is a wrapper or container.

It's sort of like the several ".AVI" file types we have available in Bogart, .MXF comes in many forms depending on what's "inside"........nevertheless, we need that option in a future Bogart...it is on the wish list in Germany.....

Joel Brooks-MIT Video
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Last edited by JBrooks on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Hello friends,talking about formats,I slowly used Media Manager,but when I export a 5 minutes wedding trailer for VIMEO at mp4 1080x720 it will come out of sincronize,any TIPS?
Questione,how long is the LENGTH OR MAXIMUM time I can export a ESCENE in MM to then give to the client a MP4 file of the wedding? To be more specific is possible to put 55 minutes to MP4 hd format to a Client USB?...

Thanks FRanklin