Bogart S2000

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
sid1931
Casablanca Unit: Bogart S2000

Bogart S2000

Post by sid1931 »

Hello Everybody,

My Bogart stopped working completely. Since I'd been using it for five years I theorized that the hard drive had died. Yesterday, we installed a new Seagate 1TB hard drive. The tray opens so I can insert the operating system disc, but nothing shows up on my monitor screen, so I cannot proceed with the installation. There is some activity on the little Bogart screen and then it automatically shuts itself down.

Do I need a new video card? Do I need a new motherboard, or do I need a new video editor? Can someone tell me what to try next?

Many thanks,
Sid
skleiner@comcast.net
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Re: Bogart S2000

Post by methuenbill »

I think on the older models we needed to connect a tv first run setup and then we could change to a monitor
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Opssss I think thi is a MOTHERBOARD problem :roll: Gary is your solution !
sid1931

Post by sid1931 »

methuenbill wrote:I think on the older models we needed to connect a tv first run setup and then we could change to a monitor
That's what I did to get it going after a failure a couple of years ago. I cannot seem to get the signal on my TV screen, but I will try again!

Thanks,
Sid
sid1931

Post by sid1931 »

Franklinbencosme wrote:Opssss I think thi is a MOTHERBOARD problem :roll: Gary is your solution !
I will have to get a price on a new motherboard. If it's outrageous I may as well just keep running my trusty old Prestige.
Many thanks,
Sid