Karot will not receve signal from fire wire

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Montanamartin
Casablanca Unit: Karat/Avio/Kron, 3 Sony FX-1s, Boss 8 track recorder, Tascam dr-07,sennh. wireless mic.,Rode shotgun mic, dog and cat

Karot will not receve signal from fire wire

Post by Montanamartin »

Ok, I have Been downloading footage from my Sony FX-1 for about by fire wire for the last 8 months or so. Sometimes the Karot seems a little finicky to receve the signal but usually does. So I just downloaded some footage from one tape and worked fine,then I went to put the second tape in and the Karot would not get the signal.tried other tapes, tried other fire wire cable,tried two other Sony FX-1s,still no signal. Does anyone know what the problem might be. Every thing else on the Karot is working good.
Thanks, Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin
Mountain View Productions
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Karot will not receve signal from fire wire

Post by CKNewman »

Is Firewire still selected as the input source on the Karat?
Craig Newman
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

It could be a software glitch. check to see if you can still input via S-video. Try a simple shut down and unplug power cable for a couple of hours. If no response, try a OS upgrade using current version. if no response, try a full destructive install. If no response, it may be that the firewire card is dead. Is the input selection still set to DV? Can you input using firewire live from the camera? Others may have additional checks.
Montanamartin
Casablanca Unit: Karat/Avio/Kron, 3 Sony FX-1s, Boss 8 track recorder, Tascam dr-07,sennh. wireless mic.,Rode shotgun mic, dog and cat

Post by Montanamartin »

Thanks for the help. I will check those things out.
Kevin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
Montanamartin

Post by Montanamartin »

Thanks very much for the input. So........ I just did the old turn off and unplug the system over night trick and that worked.
Kevin :lol:
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

rebooting could have fixed it...also there is a FW on the front and back. I prefer the back, as it goes straight into the motherboard. And as Craig says, make sure the video setting is set to DV.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us