S3000 and Commentator's Audio Track

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
lcvideo
Casablanca Unit: S-3000

S3000 and Commentator's Audio Track

Post by lcvideo »

Hi,

I'm running Bogart 5.5c on my Cassie S3000 and am wondering...is there a way to create a single video, but have an alternate audio track that can be turned on or off? I'm think of like a commentary track that one could choose to turn on if they want to hear commentary from the director during the movie. Or, do I have to create a completely second project that has this commentary track embedded into the video? I was try to do both options on one edit of the film. Like the major movies do that let you turn on or off commentary. Hope this makes sense. Thanks
Lee
Lee Cornell
LC Video Productions
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: S3000 and Commentator's Audio Track

Post by Christopher6206 »

One thing you could look into is adding a 2nd "angle" to the film. I have no idea how this works as I have never tried it. But I would start with that. Arabesk 6 allows for multiple angled films, and I don't know if you have that version. Another option would be to have 2 thumbnails on your main menu, 1 with commentary and 1 without. This would require your film be short enough to fit 2 versions on the same disc. Dual layer discs in Both Blu Ray and DVD are compatible with Arabesk. Again, if your version is old this may not be the case. You'll just have to look into it. Hope that's helpful.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705