How to: S6000 edited footage to Note 4

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

How to: S6000 edited footage to Note 4

Post by stonepatterson »

I have just bought a Note 4 with a (removable) and 'added' 128 Gb SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 card (the reason I bought the Note 4), so I can have samples of my work always available when needed, home and away. How do I transfer those edited S6000 storyboard files directly to my Npte 4 card? These are samples of horror-short features and documentaries I have done over the years, travel footage and friends/family on the road -- stuff I want to share for business and for the fun of sharing ideas and video. I do not want to go through FaceBook or YouTube, etc. (want to stay away from using 4G) but allow viewing footage directly from my S6000 edited storyboards. Do I need to download first onto a thumb drive? I have tried to figure all this out and not meeting with any success. Thanks!
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Re: How to: S6000 edited footage to Note 4

Post by bethklinger »

I'm not familiar with the Note 4 but you should be able to create a scene from your storyboard(s) then export that scene directly (via the opt button or the Export function in the Finish area with 7.2 Linux this is super easy to do) to the Note 4 unless it is not being recognized for some reason. Does the Note 4 have a USB connector? And if you have Render Booster, you can choose what type of file you want to use. Unless you care to go through MM.
Beth Klinger
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Re: How to: S6000 edited footage to Note 4

Post by stonepatterson »

There is a USB to Note 4 cord that can be used to insert directly from S6000 (USB) to Note 4 (the phone insert). I have already tried what you suggested above. Did not work. I also have the ability to take out the sandisc MicroSDXC UHS-1 card and insert it into an SDHC adapter. Speed is not a problem, card at (up to) 80 MB/s. Tried several different settings with S6000 MM direct. I would get the Android software for my MAC, but my MAC PRO is 2006 and cannot be updated with new operating systems that the software requires,,, rats! I bought the Note 4 specifically to have the 128 micro card for storing HD work for viewing by others... so I will continue trying all sorts of things. May have to borrow my son's new laptop PC and go that route. Was hoping to avoid that, LOL, my son will have 1001 excuses for not wanting to hook up our systems. Any ideas are very welcomed. Thanks for the heads up, Beth.