Combine 2 AVI Files Pls

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
rone
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire Plus, all software, GL2 and GY HM 700

Combine 2 AVI Files Pls

Post by rone »

I have a project that I exported to DVD (AVI file) using my trusty Solitaire. The cassie actually created to files: 996 mb and 889 mb. My customer wants one AVI file to play on her PC. Thats 1.88s GB total as an AVI file. How can I combine both files into one and deliver on CD or DVD?
Thanks in Advance !
Ron
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: Combine 2 AVI Files Pls

Post by BobFoster »

If I understand your situation, Put both files on the story board and make a scene of the two files. Use the new combine scene to send to the customer. choose the "Type 2" .avi for best use with a PC. definitely use a DVD.
rone

Post by rone »

Thanks for the reply.
I am working with a Solitaire.
I can send the finished file to Arabesk (type 2) but it will only make a DVD. I sent her the DVD but that is not what she wanted. When she put the DVD into the computer she could not find an AVI file. It don't work that way as we know.
The video is about 9 minutes long and there for there are two AVI files produced....not one. Is there a 3rd party software that will import both AVI files and export as one AVI file that will play on a PC ?
Thanks
Ron
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

Are you using "disc transfer" to burn the DVD .avi file?
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Just got your message as I was away.

Take your SB.....export to whatever you choose in MM. See if MM has AVI capability. If not export scene to a codec of choice then place on your PC desktop. Used FREEMAKE or ANY VIDEO CONVERTER free download.

Keep in mind that an AVI file is only a wrapper. That can cause incompatibility between operating systems
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I think Bob is on the right track here. Since you haven't included the operating system but you are using a Solitaire I am concluding that you are using some version of Smart Edit. Arabesk burns MPEG2 DVDs, not .AVI files. Disk Transfer will burn .AVI type 1 or type 2 files to DVDs. These disks can hold up to 20 minutes of uncompressed video. I would try the solution Bob posted this morning.
Craig Newman
rone

Post by rone »

Thread closed.
Sent both files to anyvideoconverter and found a button at bottom of burn page that combined both files into one ....copy to DVD ... done
Thanks to all for the tips
Ron
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Glad it worked