BURNING BLU-RAY

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
erictom
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

BURNING BLU-RAY

Post by erictom »

When burning Blu-Ray on the S4K-Pro, why are the files segmented after 11 minutes (when using a regular DVD). It is not an issue of space since it continues to burn on another segment for the next 11 minutes...and so on until the memory is exhausted. Will it burn through the whole program, uniterrupted, if a BD-R disc is used instead?
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Re: BURNING BLU-RAY

Post by Volker »

Hello,
with the filesystem that is currently used by the Bogart software, there is a size limit of 2GB for each written file.
This also will happen when you create a Blu-ray disc. So one 11minute segment fills 2GB of the disc.

On this year's IFA show in Berlin we have shown the first Blu-ray disc that has been created with the S4000 system and that uses a different filesystem so you can play back the video in one go. This feature hopefully will find its way into one of the next free updates.
Volker Hill - Germany
erictom
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

Post by erictom »

Hi Volker,

Do you have an approximate idea when these updates will be available? Are the upgrades on disk format or uploadable online?

Thank you very much for the info.

Eric
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

Eric, I am sorry, but we don't have an approximate release date yet (we never have) ;)
But I am pretty sure that you can download that update from the MSUS website when it is available. If you have a slow internet connection, you can get it on a CD/DVD, as usual.
Volker Hill - Germany
erictom
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

Post by erictom »

Volker wrote:Hello,
with the filesystem that is currently used by the Bogart software, there is a size limit of 2GB for each written file.
This also will happen when you create a Blu-ray disc. So one 11minute segment fills 2GB of the disc.

On this year's IFA show in Berlin we have shown the first Blu-ray disc that has been created with the S4000 system and that uses a different filesystem so you can play back the video in one go. This feature hopefully will find its way into one of the next free updates.
...if I back it up to HDV tape, will it record continuously? My intent is, since the S4KPro cannot write the files more than 2 gig (11 minutes) per file, I was thinking of dumping the project to my computer (MacPro) and burning the entire project (via Ttitanium Toast9) to an external blu-ray burner. Will this work?

...I am going to attempt this shortly (as soon as the S4KPro is finished converting the HDV files). I will share this with the group if successful, or otherwise, but would like to know if you had prior experience on this and give me an immediate response before I attempt a proven failure on this electronic daisy chain.

...Thanks so much for your attention and input.

Eric T.
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Let me know if you observe .M2t files.
erictom
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

Post by erictom »

While the S4KPro's Bogart OS burns Blu-ray only as Data Discs, is there a method to convert this to BD-ROM?

What is the rationale for Bogart's limitation to write files specifically for this method only and at 2GB file increments (11 min)? Speed...comaptibilty with SE?

I didn't know that these issues were common to the S4000 before I readily decided to purchase the system. I was sold and very impressed with the working demo model at the NAB. I should have asked more questions. Now, I'll have to retract ads and written contracts promising Blu-Ray HD to clients.

I am sure there are forthcomiong upgrades. When can we expect them?

Thanks.

Eric T.
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com
erictom
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

WHAT'S ON YOUR CHRISTMAS WISH LIST?

Post by erictom »

My Christmas wish list:

Above quote from Volker
Media Manager

Eric T.
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com
erictom
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

Post by erictom »

I haven't visited the forum for a while and was wondering if Volker's comment (quoted) is a reality yet?
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com
swisscasauser
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire+ Ultra (Bogart SE 4.5c/Arabesk 4.20) with Sony J-30 (BETA DIGIT/SX/SP/MPEG IMX)/DSR-45AP (DV/DVCAM)/HVR M25AE(HDV/DVCAM/DV) tapedecks...Shuttle barebone, Asus EeeBox, Eeepc
701 (all powered by LINUX) and many other things...

Post by swisscasauser »

Hi,

Yes, it is...we now have the possibility to burn AVCHD discs (on Blue Ray or standard DVD), without this 2GB file limitation.

It is still not possible to create menus.

Most Blue Ray players are now able to read AVCHD discs.

Regards.

Vincent
Vincent
Switzerland