Canon 7D & 5D Mark II

A place to share sample video projects
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Re: Canon 7D & 5D Mark II

Post by ASHampton »

http://vimeo.com/19731783

Here is a clip shot with the 5DMK2.......makes me VERY home sick. These guys did a pretty amazing thing, and the video looks good to boot. I hope you enjoy the view as much as I did. I lived in Alaska for 16 years and watching this stuff brings back great memories.
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
SYLRENAUD
Casablanca Unit: 2/S4100 1/S6000 Bogart SE 5, Arabesk 5
most all of the software on all 3 units.
We shoot everything with HDSLR's.
Four Canon 5d mark II and one 7d.

Post by SYLRENAUD »

...makes me want to go and explore the big "A" Seth tks for sharing...their audio sync is a little off but well done !
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

SYLRENAUD !! talking about AUDIO, wow are you dealing with the
audio when you go to post coming from a DSLR video?

Any big problem with the synchronism from the audio that you
recorded from any ZOOM,TASCAN,SONY,ect,ect.?

thanks again !!
SYLRENAUD

Post by SYLRENAUD »

Hi Franklin,
I now use the XF300 shot at 30p (like my 5d/7d) for my SLR audio. I just lay the footage over top in post.
Everything before that & for some small corporate profile shoot still today I use the Zoom H4n digital recorder.
The problem with using the Zoom when shooting 30p is that your audio from the Zoom has to be one more frame than you SLR footage.
Example: say you have a 5 minute scene... speech or vows whatever. After importing your audio you will have to cut it the same length as your video footage
and make it 1frame longer using your audio software in Bogart. Time Stretch I think its called. Otherwise the audio will go out of sync after a while.

Hope this makes sense to you if not don't be shy and I can give you a specific break down step by step.

Syl
SYLRENAUD

Post by SYLRENAUD »

Great interview with Philip Bloom about DSLR revolution...
my favourite line "even with all the new cameras coming out DSLR's are here to stay...this price point, this image quality is just too damn sexy for it to go away"

I agree Phil :)

http://vimeo.com/20235310
SYLRENAUD

Post by SYLRENAUD »

We shot this on Sunday & it was important during the runway segment to have little or no DOF.
Here is an example of using ISO 3200 setting (also known as Gain) on the 5d & shooting as closed as possible. Above F11
I also added the XF300 footage (Center Cam) shooting unmanned & leaving it on Full Auto Mode matched the other 2 5d footage perfectly.
Hey Lou Bruno who would of thunk it lol I have been trying to do this in Full Manual Mode with no success.
this happened by accident but very good to know I just had to play with Colour,Contrast & Gamma with the XF300 footage.

If you find all this tech talk boring then just enjoy the models ;)

http://vimeo.com/21321943

Cheers,
Syl
ASHampton

Post by ASHampton »

Looks really good man! The 300 looks niiiiiiiccccceeee too.
Seth Hampton
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
Bobbie
Casablanca Unit: S4000, 3 Solitaires OS 9 (8), Arabesk 4, most all software, 2 Avios

Post by Bobbie »

Thanks for sharing the link Seth...............I have a friend/pilot that video tapes trips to Alaska also picks up the guys that come to hunt/explore. This footage is very good!

I was wondering about the FIRES IN ALASKA and was wondering what the 'time period' was for this shoot? I saw the Alaska footage my friend (over 10 years and hundreds of hours

did with the Alaska fires a couple years ago, was wondering if the fires were more current. He also stayed at the HILTON in Bettles and has video of it..........

.he said the PRICE was about the same as Hiltons in the lower states though :D

Bobbie
ASHampton

Post by ASHampton »

I know that the fellas that shot this little doc were way up north. Last year my wife and I spent 3 weeks in Fairbanks. There were some smaller fires down near the rivers and some of the valleys. Not too bad though. It gets bad when the spruce beetles kill the trees and they dry out. POOF up like a tinder box.

I am more and more impressed with what I am seeing done with DSLR cameras. I have a Canon 7D and cant wait to have some time to get out and shoot.

Syl is a HUGE inspiration for me!
Seth Hampton
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
SYLRENAUD

Post by SYLRENAUD »

The purpose of this project is to show the power of our Gen III to the younger editors out there ... I use my S4100 every single day and it is a big part of our success !!
No platform is perfect but this system is _perfect for me_ !! the fact that there is "No Transcoding" for all my tapeless cameras is a huge advantage
compared with say FCP. I am not putting down this platform as there are pros & cons to everything. I was told by a competitor here in Ottawa Canada
that the _no transcoding_ feature is the most attractive & is why we turn over our projects so quickly in the hands of our clients !!!
Shot with a 5d Mark II 50mm & 70-200mm lens ... special thank you to my son Chris for being a patient model :)

http://vimeo.com/21857634

http://www.macrosystem.us/

more to come...

Cheers,

Syl