not video

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

not video

Post by Beachy »

This is not video related but I cant think of another platform that I can use.
May I on behalf of the British Public appologise to all Americans, for sending you........ PIERS MORGAN!!!
We have been getting the programme "Americas got Talent" over here,and for some reason someone thought that this nonentity had a clue about talent and made him a judge!!! Please, please do not judge all brits as being as daft and usless as this embarrassing man. He is a Z list celebrity here, A man sacked for printing lies in his paper that caused the death of a lot of Brits in the Far East.
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Re: not video

Post by PaulBusta »

Don't worry about it Beachy, it's a stupid show anyway, I never watch it. I met Andy Green a few years back, now there's a Brit you want to spend some time with ;) :D
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I hardly watch tv anymore. I definitely don't watch American Idol. I was disgusted to see figure skating competition relabeled "Ice Wars" for evening prime-time television a while back.

I just looked at the Piers Morgan entry on Wikipedia. It used to be that "Cream rises to the top". What happened here :?:
Craig Newman
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Post by Beachy »

Has TV deteriorated over in the USA as bad as it has here? Thank God I lived thro' The best years... I loved the American shows like "I love Lucy" Perry Como" Bilko" Bonanza" Streets of San francisco" and Pink Panther" Easy watching, No sex or violence...great TV... We just have cooking, buying a house abroad and Big brother, (Filmed in a lunatic assylum I think) and more cooking followed by a cooking programme!!............I must go now...my TVs boiling over!! John :D
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

We used to have some pretty good science fiction shows. Now we have "Reality Shows". Sort of like "Bread and Circus, 2008 Style".
Craig Newman
geoffbrown
Casablanca Unit: Avio 4.1 with small software additions (Nearly as ancient as Beachys!). But now have latest Canon HG10 harddrive high def camcorder and also Panasonic SD1 high def camcorder recording to SDHC. Still have Canon XM1 and Canon MV300 std def camcorders.

Post by geoffbrown »

We seem to make quite a few rubbish TV programmes nowadays. Usually our BBC documentaries are still quite good. it would be nice for TV to go full circle again so that we can see a rebirth of some of the good westerns like you used to make in the fifties and sixties. "Gunsmoke", "Wagon Train", and "the Virginian" were among my favourites. As for the modern soap operas inflicted on us now - no thank you!! :(
Geoff Brown Avio 4.1 (Nearly as old as Beachy's) Latest Canon HG10 hard drive hi def camcorder. Old Canon XM1 and Canon MV300