what is happening?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

what is happening?

Post by videojim »

I have some HD video that I shot on my DSLR. I have loaded in video from this in past days, without trouble. I first downloaded the stick through media manager. I imported what I thought was just the files on the card. When I got to the scene bin, it had those scenes, plus scenes from every other video I had ever loaded in since I got the machine. I thought that I had a grasp on how to operate in media manager. Is there a way to delete ALL existing files in media manager BEFORE loading in the files I am trying to load in that I shot tonight?
Having not gotten the desired results in MM, I went to the main part and attempted to load in with record. I picked the USB symbol, and chose files. They showed up on the screen for maybe a second, before the screen went black. This has happened 3 times. I am on the front of a big project, and don't have the time to send this S6000 in to Boulder. Makes me wonder was Macrosystem such a wise buy after all?
Skype ID-talkingrock756
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: what is happening?

Post by LouBruno »

During importation in MM, maybe you used the IMPORT ALL option instead of designating specific scenes.

Just curious why the Bogart side was not Used for importation initially. The black screen occurs when a card or file is corrupted.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

Re: what is happening?

Post by videojim »

Makes sense NOT hitting import all on the MM side, Lou. What does NOT make sense is the files being corrupted when they just came out of the camera. I dumped em into a folder in the laptop, so now will be moving over on disk from there. Thanks for your input on this.
Skype ID-talkingrock756