Cannot get archived picture to import

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Cannot get archived picture to import

Post by Christopher6206 »

I have a logo I'm trying to import. It is 1.1MB in size. Photo Studio 2 does not read it. Photo transfer does not read it. Media Manager imported it into the archives and I can see it on my monitor. It is in the archives list when I try to import from archives and into my project. But every time I select it it tells me "Import failed!". Does anyone have a solution? This is a .jpg Thanks
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Cannot get archived picture to import

Post by LouBruno »

Try making it into KB's-smaller size.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

I tried the first time with the same file at 49kb. Same result. I increased file size hoping that would fix the problem. Will keep at it, thanks for the response Lou.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

If it's a .jpeg then it has be imported as a 24-bit color .jpeg to work in Photo Studio. You can load it into a paint program on your computer and save it in this format even if the logo is black and white.
Craig Newman
Christopher6206

Thanks Craig. I'm unfamiliar with paint programs. What program would you suggest?
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

From what I have read here and the Cassie Tips List, Adobe Photoshop Elements would be able to do this. My older paint program Jasc Paint Shop Pro (now Corel Paint Shop Pro version x15) can do it. There are a couple of free programs, GIMP and Paint.NET that would also probably accomplish this. Would anyone else like to sound off on this :?:
Craig Newman
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Chris,

I would recommend using the Freeware App called Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/

Colleagues have found an optimum size for images destined for Photo Studio 2 to be Photo Studio 2 is ‘2048 X1536
Here is an online tutorial for resizing images using Irfanview:
How To Resize An Image In IrfanView

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
CKNewman

Post by CKNewman »

Thank you for that tip Chet. I have that program but usually use it only to open files that don't have a familiar file format. I don't have a Bogart system, so I am not sure if Media Manager can import a file that can not be used in Photo Studio.
Craig Newman
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

You're welcome Craig - I do recommend the Media Manager route (of importing JPEG files) to colleagues who have tried Photos Studio2 or Photo Transfer with no luck - as well to those Bogart OS colleagues who do not have either of those add-on photo software applications. It works in many cases.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
Christopher6206

Thanks to Craig and Chet. I downloaded infraview and was able to change the color to 24 bit. Actually infraview saves all files in 24 bit by default so after resizing like Chet suggested it just saved it as a 24 bit automatically. It's orginal was only 8 bit. Because of the logos original size I was not able to save it in the 2048 X 1536 but who cares, it imported using Photo Transfer and it looks great!
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705