Imported HD video from Canon Legria: Cropped?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
jpfoto
Casablanca Unit: S4000

Imported HD video from Canon Legria: Cropped?

Post by jpfoto »

Hello.
I will very granted to anyone who can help me with this:

I have a HD footage 16:9 in my Canon Legria HF10. My working Casablanca is the S4100
The point is that the original image seen on the camera become slightly, but noticeably, CROPPED in both sides right and left when imported to the S4100.
I have tried different size-video-image to match the original image. No success.
Is this an inevitably /normal "framing-cropping" result from an imported video?
Have anyone find similar problems?
And the big question...
Have anyone any advice or solution just for don´t get a cropped video image on my projects?

Thanks a lot in advance !
Juan Pablo
Spain
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: Imported HD video from Canon Legria: Cropped?

Post by BobFoster »

A couple of questions. 1. What is the settings of your camera for image size i.e. 1920 X 1080i? What is the settings for your project in the S4100 project??
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

My Canon HF100 works just fine with an S4000 . . .

As Bob asks, can we have some more details please :?:
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Make sure on the HF-10 you are not in a downconvert mode to your card. Use the unit to display a 4:3 via the clipboard.

Bogart will not recognize certain SD files (not tape inputs) and will display a 4:3 cropped squashed display to a 720X480 setting-even if designated 16:9. Does so on my Panasonic. I always shoot in HD and import to HD.
jpfoto

Post by jpfoto »

Thank all of you for your interest. I am just on a bussines trip.
A soon as I return to my home I will re-check the settings both in the Canon and the s4100 and post them here to obtain your help.

Again thank you.
JP
Spain
jpfoto

Re: HD video from Canon Legria: Images capturedropped?

Post by jpfoto »

Hello everybody, after some health drawbacks I am able to continue with the Casablanca tasks. :?: :arrow:
I have taken some photos from my tv screen to show all the steps followed trying to import properly a video capture from my Canon Legria.

The Camera has a video resolution of 1440x1080i

1. So, first of all I select a projetc: With Image FULL, and format 1440x1080i.
Selected project Image

2.Then the project settings : HD 1440x108/16:9/Interlace on
Project settings Image

3.Then I start to "import material from USB" connected to the Canon
Importing material (video import USB) from Canon Legria Image
As you can see with the yellow arrows, there is enough room in every side of the frame , including paintings with full frames and a piece of lamp.

4. Detail of " prev" capture in the Casablanca from de camera Canon Legria Image

5. But... when I go to the storyboard ... bad surprise: Final material (footage) inserted in the casablanca project, storyboard :

6. Playing the video capture from de casablanca. The final scene has been all around cut, with missing parts of the wall and the lamp. Image

Please, have you any idea of this malfunction? I have tried all sort of ways to try to obtain a full image on the Casablanca: No success.
Please help me.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Juan Pablo
Alicante
Spain
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I have two Legria cameras....actually the NTSC version.

I am curious why you are using 1440X1080i when the camera is rated as 1920X1080i.?

Are you using the highest setting?

OR, are you using the SD bit rate?

The SD bit rate produces this issue you are displaying.
jpfoto

Post by jpfoto »

LouBruno wrote:I have two Legria cameras....actually the NTSC version.

I am curious why you are using 1440X1080i when the camera is rated as 1920X1080i.?

Are you using the highest setting?

OR, are you using the SD bit rate?

The SD bit rate produces this issue you are displaying.
Hello. Thanks a lot for your answer!

1. The selection is just because my tv screen is very small: 32".
And if Sp recording mode is the standard ... I don't miss the extra high quality FXP mode ...
But anyway would it affect to the Casablanca for cropping the final capture?

2. Will you please tell me more about the SD bit rate? I don't know anything about it.

Thank you again
Juan Pablo
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

Use MXP and let us know.