is it normal?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

is it normal?

Post by videojim »

I had a friend shoot some footage for me, and his files are avchd. In media manager, when I import, it says all the files were errors. In edit import, it said "slow scaling required". What does that mean, in terms of import time? This is an HD shoot, so is a single short scene going to take hours?
Skype ID-talkingrock756
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: is it normal?

Post by LouBruno »

MM will just scale to the ARCHIVE FOLDER...then you have to go over to the BOGART side anyway and re-import again to the project.

You are on the wrong side of the operating system. RECORD window....USB icon in the MAIN BOGART menu.

SO..... Use the BOGART side instead. AND........use the proper aspect ratio that the camera was set in the camera menu. It must equal your project setting . 1920X1080i must be set in the initial project window before importation...or 1440 or 720. Ask your friend the camera setting and then set the project to correspond to the same file setting...there will be NO scaling at that point.