Bogart 5 and the S2K ???????

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
LegendsStudio
Casablanca Unit: S 2000

Bogart 5 and the S2K ???????

Post by LegendsStudio »

I did a full install of Bogart 5 on my S2K and have some issues... One is that when trying to load video via fire-wire is tough because I have to attempt it 2 or 3 times to get it to go and when it does everything is VERY gittery during recording and still no sound; and then trying to watch the video in the scene bin looks the same.

So turned off the display preview while capturing in system settings and then the video in the scene bin some times looks gittery until I restart it a couple of times then it seems to stabilize. Also during trying to record the whole thing locks up and the only way to get out of that situation is to literally unplug the machine.

I did a full install twice more and still have the same results. Anybody else having this problem? If so were you able to resolve it?

Marcus
Legends Studio
Last edited by LegendsStudio on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
HitchcockVideo
Casablanca Unit: S2000 Bogart 3.2c

Re: Bogart 5 and the S2K ???????

Post by HitchcockVideo »

Is your video on memory cards? I imported HD with CF cards and they look fine if you don't click the combine the clips into one check mark. If you click combine then is makes the audio lag.
I have an S-2000 as well.

I know this is not optimal but maybe you could firewire down to a pc and then move the file to a memory device and import throught USB mode in recording...
Just a thought.
LegendsStudio

Post by LegendsStudio »

No I am using Mini DV tape from a Canon XLX1 and never had this kinda trouble until I installed Bogart 5
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Did you use the camera (tape) or did you use a deck. If a deck....try the camera.
LegendsStudio

Post by LegendsStudio »

I used the Camera and it looks fine in the camera monitor.
Tried anothe camera a Canon xlha1 and no change.
Tried a new fire wire cable to no avail.
HitchcockVideo
Casablanca Unit: S2000 Bogart 3.2c

Post by HitchcockVideo »

saw this in the user manual:
"For those that experienced DV drop frames during firewire loads, there is a new
option to try and help with that. On the main menu go to "System" and click on
"Record/Playback". There will be a checkmark button next to "Display during
DV/HDV recording." Leave this set to a dash and not a checkmark. When you
record in DV with this setting, the counter will now roll, but the monitor will show
a gray screen. If you need to see what is being recorded, please reference the
viewfinder or monitor attached to the DV camera or DV deck."
LegendsStudio

Post by LegendsStudio »

Yeah Thanks I already tried that and it did seem to help some but not intirely. Plus sometimes I then think its recording because the counter is counting and it looks fine in my camera monitor but when I look at it after recording sometimes I just have how ever many minutes of a still shot. This is getting very frustrating to say the least. :x
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

I'm running into the same situation. I loaded all my footage to a Digital HD video cassette recorder (Sony GV-HD700 Rec/Plyr). When I got the new 5.3 software update, done a full install, three times. Now I'm trying to load the footage back to the S/4000 Pro by way of fire wire, using the same recorder player. Yes, I tried three different fire wire cables. Nothing I try is working.

At one time I have loaded some footage to a thumb drive and it loaded in the 4000 really fast and with no problem. If I could just get the HD footage off the tape player to the editor or another thumb drive, I would be happy.

Don't tell me to load it to a computer and back to a thumb drive, unless you can tell me the procedure. I heard this before but have no knowledge how to go about doing this. When and if I get to learn how, will it still be in the HD format it was originally?
LegendsStudio

Post by LegendsStudio »

Turns out I had a Bad install disc... Still have to turn off the preview but all is well now... Thanks to everyone for the help :D