what's the best file type?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

what's the best file type?

Post by videojim »

I have recorded music to an SD card with my H2 as a wav file, and attempted to load it into the S6000, but the editor doesn't recognize any file there. Is MP3 a better choice? What is a good bitrate?
Skype ID-talkingrock756
BobC
Casablanca Unit: Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7

Re: what's the best file type?

Post by BobC »

Can you burn it to a CD? The 6000 should read it then.
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Hey Videojim,with Bogart 5 any audio from the zoom H2 if is MP3,the S-6000 will recognize those file,never try WAV,but I think MEDIA MANAGER
will take this format !
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

.Try taking your .WAV files and transfer to a fast USB stick. Go to MM. Do your usual import procedure. Pray you don't have any clicks.

MP 3 ZOOM setting:

>Settings for the H2 Zoom MP-3 Vary:
128=sounds just OK

192=Good and is the standard in editing systems

BUT if ya really want Close to .WAV file sounds used in a CD........use the 256 setting in the Zoom H 2.

Should work just fine.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

Post by videojim »

Okay, Lou, thanks. I have just started doing this, not coming in through MM, just the edit screen, because I wanted a quick resolution, and got one. I ended up putting both a WAV and an MP3, and it saw it. Don't know which one it liked, but it all worked. A workable file is a workable file, don't know why coming in through MM should make a difference. Only difference I see is needless extra steps. MSDE USED to lead the market, now they're playing catchup, and NOT doing a very good job of it!
Skype ID-talkingrock756