Audio Problem

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
rone
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire Plus, all software, GL2 and GY HM 700

Audio Problem

Post by rone »

I have a 4 min. 43 sec. video and the audio has a "echo" to it. The video was shot in a room with very poor sound qualities. I have made a short 20 sec. clip of the audio (cda file or mp3) from my Solitaire. Does anyone want to try to improve the sound and pass along the technique so I can duplicate on the entire video?

I can send you a 20 sec. cda or mp3 file for your testing.
Please reply to: ronecentralia@yahoo.com
Thanks
Ron
Last edited by rone on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: Audio Problem

Post by BobFoster »

There could be a timing difference between the left and right channels due to some glitch. You could try copying the left channel to the right or visa versa and see if that improves the echo problem.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Audio Problem

Post by CKNewman »

Bob's suggestion may help a bit, but I think it will require more than that. Here is an audio software company that also offers some audio "cleanup" services that you might look at.

http://www.tracertek.com/
Craig Newman