help (OT)

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
motley777
Casablanca Unit: avio

help (OT)

Post by motley777 »

just shot my 1st video with brand new Cassie 3000 and new Sony HDR-FX1000. Shot on SD and when i import to my cassie using firewire my footage looks like the strobe effect. Used movie mode on it and it helped some but still not smooth. Also as footage was being imported the lip sync was way off but was ok when on playback. Am i missing a setting? Wanna pull my hair out but aint got much left. Thanks for any reply in advance. Mike Morlock
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: help (OT)

Post by Christopher6206 »

Go into Settings on the main screen then find Record, Playback. Click on that and uncheck the box for "Display during DV/HDV recording". That might help. Then try re importing your material. You won't be able to watch your footage as it imports but that is the point (less for the Cassie to do at once, import and show footage at the same time) I've heard this helps with HD footage. Doesn't seem like it should matter with DV footage since the file is much smaller and I'm assuming your using a Bogart operating system. This solution is not available on Smart Edit machines so far as I know. Hope that helps.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705