Line up audio??

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
CuChi
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire

Line up audio??

Post by CuChi »

On my Solitaire when I bring over a certain footage of a film to Arabesk the audio usually lines up perfect, even when it doesn't on the monitor, it will be alright when I burn the dvd. (I've done that many,many times)

This last project, the audio is doesn't line up much at all even on the monitor 1-3 seconds off and as it goes further into the film it gets worse. I've deleted it 2-3 times and moved it to Arabesk and it does the same thing. Any suggestions?

frustrated!
Tom Harlan
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Line up audio??

Post by CKNewman »

Do both the audio and video come from the same camera tape/source?

How are you loading the tape into the Solitaire?
Craig Newman
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Tom,

You may have a bad section in your hard drive. Try it on another project even better on a completely
different hard drive in your other slot.

Then if this doesn't fix it......try a "Scene->Sample" first and mute the original track. Then move it back and forth with "Range" to get
it synced with the video at least on the playback monitor. Then do a very very short test in
Arabesk to see if it stays in sync.

IF YOU HAVE SMART EDIT 9.1 (Which, I think you do....try the following )

If it's still wrong.....go to Settings.....click on "Record Playback" and then go to "play back".
Find A/V asynchronity (German Selling) and try very short tests of moving the relationship
between audio and the video back and forth until you find which setting works. Then
try a test in Arabesk to see if it works after all the encoding and compression takes place...
and try again until you get it corrected. Please use a re-witable DVD for all these tests.

Good luck my friend.. Say who is ChuChi, and where did that come from?
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
CuChi
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire

Post by CuChi »

Craig, the footage came from the same camera. It was a single camera shoot.
And I load the footage via firewire.

And Jim, I will try your suggestions.
The name Cu Chi - is a town in Vietnam and our home base when we came from the Jungles.

Thank you
Tom
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Tom,

If the shooting was not continuous but rather shot in segments, you might try loading the video in shorter lengths. That used to help when I was loading in long SVHS tapes when I first got my Avio.

Jim may have something with suggesting that a sector on the hard drive has gone bad. How old is the hard drive? When was the last time you performed a destructive install of the operating system?
Craig Newman