MacroSystem web site

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
TomHajewski
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with most of the software. SE 7.

MacroSystem web site

Post by TomHajewski »

What's up with the web site? I wanted to direct a friend to the Macrosystem.US site to check out the editors and see what we're all about. I got a warning that going to the site might damage my computer. It was a very forceful warning! I also Googled "Casablanca.TV" and got the same warning.

Chet, how do I get my friend to the MacroSystem web site?
Tom Hajewski
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: MacroSystem web site

Post by TimKennelly »

Tom,

How do you get to the website?

With patience. LOL

It is down due to an attack issue and they are working to restore it as quickly as they can, but they are better at video than websites. ;)
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
BobC
Casablanca Unit: Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7

Post by BobC »

I just went into the web site without a problem. http://www.macrosystem.us/
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

See ! :D
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Post by chetdavis »

Yes - our new website is online and active! I had some hopes of having a little more time to flush out the specifics and do some more fine-tuning on our new website as we have, for some time we have been deliberating the move to a new website. But as Tim pointed out - our customer website was apparently recently hit by a hacker which caused a security warning from Google. This sped up our decision to create a new online presence.

My webmaster is going through the new site and clearing up dead links, adding some new stuff. If you find a dead link or have a suggestion to make our site even more useful, friendly, etc. I am happy to receive your comments/suggestions. Please send those to me and I will forward to the webmaster.

- - - - - - -
In addition to paring out older, less pertinent information - the new website will provide our customers with some new features:

Tip of the Week
This new page will feature one Casablanca tip/trick each week. Sometimes it will be a standard operation in the OS, others may feature an operation or tip with a specific software package. The tip will also be down-loadable, so customers can print these tips out and put in a 3 ring binder near their editing station for follow-up. We also plan on providing a downloadable table of contents once a quarter to manage these useful tips.

'My Favorite Software'
We will highlight comments and recommendations from individual customers as they share their favorite software. This webpage will have an interactive submission/suggestion form where customers can submit their own favorite software.

Software of the Month
On our Software section main page we will highlight an individual software title each month. We will use this feature to provide sufficient details and information to encourage customers to add software Casablanca appropriate that is appropriate to their work.

Again - I welcome your comments/suggestions. They are most beneficial is they are sent to me off-list in an email to chet@macrosystem.us or via private message.

Thanks,

Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056
Chet Davis
MacroSystem US
Office 303.801.1056
TomHajewski

Post by TomHajewski »

It's very interesting that Bob didn't have any problem. This might have something to do with which spyware program you're using or which other defensive tactics against viruses you've taken.

Bob, I clicked on the link you provided and here is what I got:

[quote]This web site at http://www.macrosystem.us has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.[/quote]

I've been to the site a million times before we went to this new BB format and never had any problems. On the other hand, is MacroSystems trying to get info from visitors?

Chet, are you saying that "www.macrosystem.us" is safe to use? My main question is: where do I send some friends who may be interested in buying some MacroSystem products?
Tom Hajewski
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Post by PaulBusta »

Thanks Chet....U-DA-MAN ;) :lol:
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Post by chetdavis »

Tom,

The warnings from computer security online software and Google was generated by a bot who apparently saw/found something on our old site in Late July. I believe the new site is safe but I want to go through and ensure that this is the case before I would give the totally all clear and free 'sign'. I expect to have this verified by tomorrow morning (Friday).

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
MacroSystem US
Office 303.801.1056
TomHajewski

Post by TomHajewski »

Thanks, Chet. To paraphrase Paul above, "You are the gentleman!" :)
Tom Hajewski
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

Post by JPaul »

Hi Chet,

I hadn't been to the website home recently since I have the BB linked directly. WOW! I love the new look & feel of the new & improved pages. The links are very clear and provide all the options for navigating quickly.

Incidently, I did notice the Google message when I was looking for the homepage from a different computer last month. I proceeded anyway with no ill effect.

Again, thanks for the new-look website! :D
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia