S6K won't recognize WAV files!

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

S6K won't recognize WAV files!

Post by videojim »

Does anybody have a way of getting an S6K to recognize a wav file when it is on a card inserted in a card reader plugged into the front? I have also tried importing it through a flash stick. Ideas?
Skype ID-talkingrock756
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

Re: S6K won't recognize WAV files!

Post by videojim »

While you are thinking about this can you recommend a good, free audio conversion software? Audacity cannot export as an mp3 without importing extra software that I don't want in the machine.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: S6K won't recognize WAV files!

Post by CKNewman »

I believe that Audacity requires a small program called the LAME encoder to allow you to export MP3 files. When I downloaded Audacity a few years ago I followed the instructions. As I recall it pretty much did everything automatically. It runs in the background - once installed you don't have to click on anything to make it work. I'm not sure why you don't want it in your computer :?:
Craig Newman