BURNING AUDIO SAMPLES TO A CD

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
waltbrenner
Casablanca Unit: S-3000

BURNING AUDIO SAMPLES TO A CD

Post by waltbrenner »

HOW CAN I BURN (OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER) AUDIO SAMPLES IN A PROJECT SOUND BIN TO THE MUSIC ARCHIVE? I HAVE FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL (BOGART 4) USING CD-R & CD-RW DISCS AND KEEP GETTING A "DISC BURNING FAILED" MESSAGE.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: BURNING AUDIO SAMPLES TO A CD

Post by BobFoster »

I just use project #30 as an archive file for both video and audio. It's easy to "clip board" the audio file or video file and drop it into #30 for later use.
waltbrenner
Casablanca Unit: S-3000

Post by waltbrenner »

Thanks, Bob. If I understand you correctly, you fake a new project for all video clips and audio samples you want to save. Then they can be easily retrieved and moved to a working project as needed and wanted. Actually I have done exactly that but, I was hoping there was a more positive way of saving such clips in ARCHIVES. It is so easy with video clips but, it seems the MacroSystems boys never thought one would want to archive sound samples. Thanks again for your time and expertise with my problem. No one else has responded so I will stop wasting any more time. There seems to be a hang-up in the software which will not permit me to burn to a CD from the sound bin, although I have been able to burn a CD and a DVD in Arabesque but, of course such discs can only be downloaded to the VIDEO archive.

Walt Brenner
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Our Galileo software is fantastic for archiving songs and even video. I have hundreds of songs archived.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

You could always load the music directly into Media Manager and then use the Archive function (main menu in Bogart) to use them in any project.

Although strictly speaking this isn't archiving as the audio is then all still on one drive and any install would remove the lot but . . . you could always send the audio (in MM) to a USB hard drive or burn them to disc from there . . .
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Michael brings up an excellent point. That is why Galileo works well in tandem with MM.

Any exportation to Galileo can be imported right back to the proper MM bins! This includes music and video.