Problems when converting to mp4

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Rte80west
Casablanca Unit: S4000 PRO

Problems when converting to mp4

Post by Rte80west »

Hi all

This may not be an issue with the Karat per se but after I burn a DVD (which plays fine), I used Handbrake to convert to an mp4. There are several weird audio glitches that show up (drop outs, sudden elevation in volume etc). They are definitely not there on the DVD I burned. Tried different settings in Handbrake to no avail. Could it be an issue with output from the Karat that for whatever reason, does not show up on DVD but DOES when converting to mp4 via Handbrake? Or is the issue Handbrake itself? is there any other way I can convert to mp4 with just the Karat and not have to use Handbrake? Hopefully there is a simple solution I am completely overlooking. Thanks in advance.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Problems when converting to mp4

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Which version of the OS are you running (actually, since you suggest you are editing on a Karat I assume it is Bogart V5)?

Yes, yes, yes - there is no need to use Handbrake, and actually I would assert that burning a DVD (MPEG2) then converting to MP4 (MPEG4) adds more compression which yields poorer quality. I would use either the OPT button to export scene found in the Edit Menu or (my favorite and preferred method) is to use the Archives/Media Manager to obtain a quality video file. What is the final destination for this file (that will help identify which setting I would recommend).

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
Rte80west

Post by Rte80west »

Hi Chet,

The produced videos will be used in the field by our technical team via I-pads and also on our company's video library and possibly youtube eventually.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

For me, I would approach this with one file exported out via Media Manager Video Archives - I would (and have) upload that video directly to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. and then would convert that video file to an iPad optimized video.

For those needing the details on this process and the functions involved I would recommend one of the Casablanca Expert webinars presented this past December titled 'Getting Your Casablanca Video Onto iPad, iPhone, & Other Mobile Devices'.
You will find this video recording and links to other helpful tutorials surrounding this topic on the website here:
http://cassieexpert.live.subhub.com/articles/20131203_1

Once you have that optimized video file, here's a print-able tutorial on how to load and share that video on a Tablet (like iPad)
http://cassieexpert.live.subhub.com/articles/20131210_1

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
Rte80west

Post by Rte80west »

Thats great! I will check these out now. Thank you.
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Try "Freemake Video Downloader"
Just insert YouTube- or Vimeo-Link and you get an mp4-File
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I also use Freemake but it is full of bloatware and adds the Conduit Toolbar to your desktop even if you keep checking off " no" during the download process. You can later delete the bloatware. Also look at ANY VIDEO CONVERTER.
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

In addition to the great tips aforementioned, if you have Render Booster, there is the H264.ts codec option plus an .MP4 codec option that yields excellent quality.....the second best method is to archive to media manager then select the "H264 .mp4 direct" option...this is great quality as well, albeit it is render intensive...

Joel Brooks
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347