USB Microphone

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
pjbilb
Casablanca Unit: S2000

USB Microphone

Post by pjbilb »

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Samson C01U USB microphone understanding that it will work with my S2000 machine with Bogart 5.5. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. In the Audio/Record,Edit screen, it appears on the 'input' list as 'USB-Microphone' and the microphone's 'on' lamp is lit but I can't record anything from it. Trying to get it to work has also caused several crashes. :shock:

The microphone works fine when attached to my Mac and produces good quality voiceover recordings in iMovie so I know there is nothing wrong with it.

Does anyone know if extra software is needed, or if there are specific settings within Bogart that are needed? The microphone comes with a software disc with some audio editing software on it. The software is compatible with Mac and PC but I haven't put it into the S2000 for obvious reasons, should I? :?:

Hopefully someone will have come across this problem before and will have a solution - all help and suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

.........Phil.
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Re: USB Microphone

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Phil,

in German Support Forum I read a note that drivers for USB Samson Mikes CO1U & CO3U
are implemented in Bogart software.
So I think it should work without installing any extra software.
There is also a note concerning the connection.
The mike should work either when connected before Casa-Start or after start-up of Casa
depending upon used system.(No systems were noted)
I hope this is of some help for you.
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
pjbilb
Casablanca Unit: S2000

Re: USB Microphone

Post by pjbilb »

Thanks Hans, that confirms what I already thought - it should just be plug in and play. I have tried plugging it in both before and after start-up but it made no difference. Eventually when I get time I may back up the HDD and reinstall the OS in the hope that will fix it.
Thanks again........Phil.