Camera cleaning

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
pdjohnson
Casablanca Unit: 1 saphir with 10 Bogart
1 Solitaire Plus SE 9.1 Loaded
1 Solitaire SE 9.1 Loaded
2 sony HD cameras
4 Sony VX2100
Canon XSI SLR
2 Canon Rebel T1i
Terabyte external drive

Camera cleaning

Post by pdjohnson »

The place we send our sony VX2100 (we have 4) for cleaning and repair has been sold and the company (Armatos) is now Adwar video.... to do a major service with changing the pinch roller and a complete alignment is $285 We usually paid $150 per camera. Where is a good, reliable cleaning and repair company? I know, we are old fashioned and have not upgraded to the new HD cameras. At 70+ we probably won't. Want a good reliable company with good service. Anyone know anything about Adwars?
David & Pauline
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Camera cleaning

Post by LouBruno »

Armato's is OUT of business. The owner PAUL Armato recently took a job with ADAWAR VIDEO located a few miles from my home. He is an employee with many years of experience and an outstanding person.

Truthfully, I am a firm believer of paying the extra money and let the original camera manufacturer fix their own camera issues. I had excellent luck with CANON REPAIRS in their own factories. Panasonic has a quick turnaround. These repair people work exclusively on their own products and have both the equipment, facilities and knowledge to make repairs.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Camera cleaning

Post by CKNewman »

I always took my Sony VX2000 to Macie Video Service up here in Dedham, MA. They provide quick expert service and fast turnaround. Here's their website: http://www.macievideo.com/

That being said, the native 4:3 aspect ratio video that those cameras produce isn't the best match for the newer 16:9 aspect ratio televisions. They don't make 4:3 televisions any more, to the best of my knowledge. True, you can set the VX2100 to 16:9, but it produces that image by "letterboxing". This uses less of the the cameras image sensor so that the 16:9 image produced by the VX2100 will not look that good when played on the larger 16:9 screens most folks have in their living rooms today.

A suggestion: I don't know what you produce these days, but you might want to look into going to the newer cameras. They are smaller, work well in low light, weigh less, etc. And they're pretty inexpensive too.
Craig Newman