audio question!

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

audio question!

Post by flvideo »

I shot a job for a nursery of 3 individuals speaking. At least thats what I was told up front. When they got into their speaking they each spoke for a tme which is fine then they went into question and answer mode. Obviously when the audience was speaking I had dead air. Then at the end of the last speaker they got all 3 together and talked. I had the last speaker wired so the other 2 were very low. I am having a fit editing. I have managed to put it together pretty well till this last where the 3 are together and I am having a fit with it. I tried splitting and raising the level when the 2 that were un-mic'ed were talking but thats not working well! Any advise?
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: audio question!

Post by Christopher6206 »

You should be able to use the envelope feature in the audio mix screen to do this. No need to split clips and raise the audio for the clips that are low. Just work with the existing audio and use envelope to raise and lower where necessary.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705