Blue Ray Settings

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Blue Ray Settings

Post by methuenbill »

What are the settings for burning a Blue Ray Dvd? I have been burning DVD-r's with no problem.
I tried to put 166min show on a Blue Ray DVD, it would not play on a Sony Blue Ray player.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Blue Ray Settings

Post by Christopher6206 »

If you are burning an SD project that is 166 min onto disc then just use a Dual Layer DVD+R or -R. I'm not sure burning SD projects onto a Blu Ray disc will even work. If it is an HD project the only way you can get 166 min project onto a Blur Ray disc is to use a dual layer Blu Ray or lower the quality of your Data Rate when rendering. (probably not an option) In any event, using Arabesk 5.6, in the settings menu set Media Used to Blu Ray 50GB and Authoring Mode to Blu Ray, then when you add film set the data rate to the maximum allowed in order to fit the program onto one disc. If your Sony Blu Ray player still won't play it may be time to get a different one. Not all Blu Ray players will play discs made by the Cassie but I can tell you that since up grading to Arabesk 5.6 my old Sony Blu Ray player can now play the discs made by the cassie where as before up grading it would not.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705